Well Child Tamariki Ora is a FREE service, where we work alongside whānau in your home with a focus on the health and wellbeing of your tamaiti/child. You will be visited in your own home by a Registered Nurse and a Kaitiaki (community health worker) or at a place where you feel comfortable.
- Register you and provide support during your pregnancy.
- At 6 weeks register your pepi on the Well Child Tamariki Ora programme.
- Complete the core clinical assessments including a GP practitioner check at 6 weeks as per the Well Child Tamariki Ora Schedule.
- Provide health education, advice, encouragement and support for you and your child/children from birth to your child’s B4 School Check which includes Hearing & Vision screening.
- Facilitate your child’s immunisations and well child checks at our ‘Drop in Tamariki Ora Clinic’ and you are welcome to a cuppa.
For more information about the core clinical visits go to the Well Child Tamariki Ora Health Book
Core Clinical Visits
- Birth Assessment
- 24–48 hours assessment
- First week assessment
- Transfer of care 2-6 weeks Lead Maternity Carer (LMC) final assessment
- 4-6 weeks assessment
- 8-10 week assessment
- 3-4 months assessment
- 5-7 months assessment
- 9-12 months assessment
- 15-18 months assessment
- 2-3 years assessment
- B4 School Check
We can provide support to your whānau/family to maximise your child’s developmental potential, and health status to ensure you and your whānau receive quality professional, holistic care.