The Tipu Ora Stop Smoking Service is a FREE programme providing you, friends and your whānau/family with support, advice and strategies to quit smoking. We will support you on your journey and provide a range of tools, ideas and guidance to help you quit.
- One to one – kanohi ki te kanohi – face to face sessions with individuals/small groups and their support person.
- Group sessions for a range of clients interested in accessing group session support are available (give us a call for more information on these sessions):
- Hapū mama/Pregnant mums group
- Kaupapa Māori group
- Rangatahi/Youth group
- General/Open group
- Workplace sessions during working hours. We are highly supportive of employers wishing to help their staff to quit smoking and would be happy to hear from you if you are an employer interested in this approach.
- Provide NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) Stop Smoking Medicines such as patches, lozenges and gum and advice, guidance and support on the use of prescription stop smoking medicines such as Champix, Zyban and Norpress.
Who can access this service:
Anyone who wants support to quit smoking and live in the Lakes DHB region can access this service. Anyone of all ages and ethnicities are welcome.
How to access this service:
- We can visit you at home, school, workplace, at a café in your local town or wherever suits you. You are also more than welcome to visit us at our Health Centre in Tunohopu.
- You can refer yourself, or ask your GP or other healthcare professional to refer you.