Tipu Ora PTE is a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) accredited provider of high quality, reputable training.
We have a NZQA External Evaluation and Review Category 2 provider status. This means we have two Confident Judgments; Confident in self-assessment and Confident in educational performance. We have 10 years experience in training the Hauora workforce.
Our courses are:
- NZQA approved and accredited.
- Fully funded** (course costs, accommodation and meals).
- Approved for Study Link student loan/ allowances.
- Marae based wananga.
We will provide:
- Mentoring and cultural supervision to students.
- Guest Speakers that are experts in their field.
- Commitment to the success of each individual.
Our courses are for:
- Māori community health workers.
- Any staff employed in the health field.
- Those interested in pursuing a career in health.
- NZ residents, over the age of 18 who want to learn new skills, with a focus on Hauora.
National Certificate in Hauora Māori (Level 4) incorporating 15 NQF unit standards, totalling 66 credits.
- Taught over 15 days in 5 blocks of 3 day wananga.
- Self directed learning required.
- Prerequisite to the National Diploma in Hauora (Level 6).
National Diploma in Hauora Māori (Level 6) incorporating 16 NQF unit standards, totalling 120 credits.
- Taught in 8 blocks of 3 day wananga.
- Staircases the learning, knowledge and academic qualifications gained in the National Certificate in Hauora.
** No costs to students who meet criteria for funding by Health Workforce NZ or Tertiary Education Commission. Talk to our staff to confirm your eligibility.
Click here for the PTE Enrolment form 2016 V1