The Family Start programme is a FREE, confidential, support service, providing practical support and guidance – participation is voluntary.
The programme focuses on achieving positive outcomes for children through strengthening the whānau (family) to be self sufficient and to ensure that tamariki (children) have the best possible start in life until the child is 5 years old. The programme is home based so we visit you in your own home.
We Can Provide:
- An assessment with you in your home to build on your strengths and if you have concerns we will work alongside you to identify these.
- Support to whānau to set your priorities and meet your goals.
- Positive parent-child interaction and engagement.
- The Ahuru Mowai & Born to Learn Early Childhood development programme.
- Collaboration with other services where we identify the expertise that will add benefit to your whānau.
- Kaupapa Māori approaches in delivering our service to you.
- Facilitation to access additional ECE childcare subsidies that are only available to those registered on our programme.
For more information about Family Start go to www.familyservices.govt.nz